In today’s digital age, people are more connected than ever before. They have access to information at their fingertips and can learn about anything they want with just a few clicks of a button. This has made it more difficult for financial advisors to stand out from the crowd.
One way that financial advisors can differentiate themselves is by using video. Video is an effective way to connect with your target audience in a way that is both personal and engaging. Leveraging the power of video builds trust on the front end so that by the time a prospect meets with them, they feel like they already know them. It can also be used to educate clients about financial planning and investing.
Advisors should consider creating videos to provide potential clients with the necessary information to make an informed decision to work with them, as an increasing number of consumers conduct research before engaging in services or purchasing a product. In fact, 74% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service after watching a brand’s video. There are many ways financial advisors can use video, but here are a few ideas:
- Create self-introduction videos. Self-introduction videos are a powerful tool for establishing a strong connection with potential clients and conveying your expertise as a financial advisor. These videos provide a unique opportunity to introduce yourself, articulate your services and enable prospects to understand what value you bring. In just a few minutes, introduction videos offer a concise yet comprehensive platform to showcase your personality, passion and personal brand WHY story —the reasons why you do what you do and care about the people you serve. Introduction videos are versatile assets that can be embedded in emails and shared on social media and your website.
- Record educational videos. These videos empower your audience with the knowledge and skills necessary for successful financial decision-making. By diving into critical subjects like Taxes in Retirement, Estate Planning, Social Security College Planning and more, you provide a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles and strategies required for long-term financial stability and growth. This type of content helps foster rapport and trust with your audience.
- Host webinars. Webinars offer a dynamic platform that fosters active engagement, facilitates seamless information sharing and transcends geographical barriers, enabling you to reach a wider spectrum of individuals seeking financial guidance. Harnessing webinars empowers you to captivate and inspire audiences, paving the way for substantial growth and success in your financial planning and investment endeavors.
- Utilize customer testimonials. Establish trust, instill confidence and attract a broader audience by showcasing both current and past clients who have benefited from your services. Encourage them to share their firsthand experience, highlighting how your expertise has played a pivotal role in helping them achieve their financial objectives. According to Wyzowl, two out of three people say they would be more likely to make a purchase after viewing a testimonial, and a staggering 79% of people actively seek testimonials to gain deeper insights into a company’s offerings.
- Use video in your email marketing. Incorporate video into your email marketing strategy to revolutionize your campaigns, resulting in heightened engagement and profound information delivery. By embedding videos, you can captivate potential clients and introduce them to your services, ensuring a lasting impression and establishing a strong connection.
If you’re not using video, now is the time to start. Here are some additional tips for using video effectively:
- Keep your videos short and to the point. People have short attention spans, so getting your point across quickly is essential. Short videos often have higher reach and engagement rates on social media.
- Be yourself. People can tell when you're being genuine, so it's important to be yourself in your videos. Your message must cut through the noise, and in today’s bustling content landscape, authentic, candid content takes the cake.
- Ensure your video and audio are clear. Your videos should look and sound good, so always use quality equipment such as a camera or your smartphone. Camo Studio is an affordable app that allows phones and other mobile devices to be used as a pro-quality webcam.
- Promote your videos. Once you've curated unique video content, promote it on your website, social media and email marketing campaigns.
By following these tips, you can use video content to meet prospective clients where they are and grow your financial advisory business.
Additionally, White Glove offers Done-For-You webinars so that you can pick up new clients in the comfort of your own home. You can also get a jump start on nurturing your leads and engaging your current clients with our FINRA-reviewed drip campaigns, email newsletters, social media marketing and more. To learn more about our marketing solutions, contact an Executive Marketing Consultant by phone (844) 949-9497 or visit our website.