Your marketing doesn’t always have to reinvent the wheel. Try curated content instead!
As a company that specializes in financial advisor marketing, we have heard advisors explain their struggles in and around all things marketing. The biggest issues that we have noticed are:
1) I don’t have time to market
2) I don’t know how to effectively market
3) I don’t want to waste money on marketing
Well, curated content eliminates all these concerns!
What is curated content?
Simply put, curated content is content others have already published that you can use to enhance your marketing strategy. Please note – this does not mean plagiarizing someone else’s work!
The truth is, you are already using curated content in your daily lives every time you share an interesting article on Twitter or repost a meme that you find inspirational on Facebook. You just are not thinking about it from a marketing perspective.
How Does Curated Content Help My Marketing Strategy?
When developing a marketing strategy, you need to diversify your portfolio (sound familiar?). Your strategy should include the use of email marketing, social media posts, live events, webinars, brochures, etc.
A strong marketing plan integrates many different marketing platforms, but your goals should align within each platform.
Here is an example:
· Marketing Goal: Get More Referrals
· Niche: Retirement Planning
· Strategy: Use social media posts, email marketing, and webinars to gain more referrals
Now, integrate curated content into your marketing plan:
· Share a retirement planning graphic on Facebook from respected organizations like Forbes.
· Send out a newsletter with engaging and educational articles that are specific to your niche and are attractive to your audience.
A good place to find engaging articles about retirement planning is Retirement Income Planning 567.
· Create a webinar and incorporate the use of curated content (like guides and infographics) into your presentation. Your back office may offer curated content that is already compliance approved. If not, plenty of respected organizations like CNBC offer great content that would be perfect for your workshop.
How Will Curated Content Support My Goals?
Easily! Curated content allows you to do the following:
· Create multiple touch points for your audience with minimal effort and zero cost.
· Provide educational content that supports your niche without having to create the content yourself.
· Allow you to interact with other brands and communities, potentially increasing your following (and your book of business).
Incorporating curated content into your marketing mix allows you to elevate your strategy. It takes minimal time but can provide great impact.
If the idea of incorporating curated content into your marketing strategy is exciting to you, but you still don’t have the resources to market efficiently — we can help! We nurture leads to fill your pipeline and engage with clients to retain business and generate referrals, and we do it all FOR you. Reach out to an Executive Marketing Consultant by phone (844) 949-9497 or visit our website for more information.